Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Heavy Petting

It is wonderful to have pets.There are' n 'number of reasons in favour of the fact. You find the reasons . They are-
It is destressing
-you get unconditional love
-you get unconditional acceptance
-they teach you to love
--they make you a better human being
I agree to all of this and so my understanding is that people want pets so that
-they can destress
-they can do what ever they'd want to but still would get love from their pets
-they can be what ever they are...good ,bad, noble ,evil....they d be accepted
-do they really teach us love? I doubt ... they show us how to love but do we learn???
-this is the trickiest....they make you a better human being? A human being who is not ready to give in love...only demands?...Someone who does not care to fit into the desired parameters of right and wrong and still demands acceptance?Someone who does not want to be accountable to his loved ones??
I do not understand how can such a person be termed a good human being?
Having expensive dogs, posing pictures with them and attending pet carnivals do not make a good human being.
It is just flaunting your money in the most insensitive manner.
Am I against pets? Good God NO!!!!
I love animals but not only the expensive ones. I love all animals . I care for them and for me caring is understanding them.
My heart breaks to see pets being petted for the pleasure of man alone. They are confined to small flats with no space to be themselves.
Loving animals truely is loving Life itself.
There goes a famous Qn Ans....
why do you talk of loving animals when we do not love man himself...being so ruthless to each other? The ans was that loving animals is working at the roots.
How true...Is love so confusing?
Is not Love
to care for others- you can do that only if you come out of your comfort zones naturally ,willingly.
to be sensitive to others -you can only do that by trying to put yourself in the other's shoes
to put YOU before the I-you can only do that if you accept that YOU as a part of your I
Love is simple.
It is not different for different people.
Love alone has the power to make a person truely happy.
Love alone makes a good strong human being. Only a strong person can Love truely....be it loving animals or loving human beings for Love is Life itself.
So for me Heavy Petting stands for one of the so many luxuries in life of man...let us not glorify it with any other reasons.
I wonder if the Heavy Petters pet their own family the same way ....I have not seen anyone doing that...in fact they turn to Heavy Petting because of failed human relationships.
A good Human Being is someone who knows to build relationships and nurture them all along and yes if we want we can learn from the animals the lessons of Love.....

1 comment: